Cayman Net News is committed to engaging in the advertising marketplace in a responsible manner that illustrates our commitment to maintaining high quality news reporting and announcement services for the communities we serve. These advertising policy principles will remain an important foundation to our business and are intended to ensure that advertising enhances rather than undermines Cayman Net News’ products and services.
I. Types of Advertisements
Cayman Net News believes that advertising can be acceptable in a variety of formats if appropriately labeled so as to be clear and transparent to all users. Advertisements may be displayed in: banners, web pages, widgets; links; feeds and newsletters that may be communicated through email and other email functionality. Cayman Net News may also include appropriate advertisements in mini-sites and contests.
II. Advertising Content
Cayman Net News intends to follow the industry’s “best practices” as they are defined and evolve. Cayman Net News will carefully consider the content of advertising on its websites, ensuring that advertising on its sites will not undermine the company’s products or services.
- Product/Service Advertisements: Careful attention will be paid to all products or services promoted by Cayman Net News and the context of these advertisements to ensure they are not inappropriate for our audience. We will work with our advertising partners to ensure that no advertisement is misleading or confusing to our audience.
- Brand or Product Restrictions: In an effort to ensure that no advertisement undermines the content on our sites or our corporate mission, Cayman Net News may, from time to time, deem certain brands or products unacceptable for advertising on our site.
- Competitor Restrictions: Cayman Net News reserves the right to prevent advertisements from appearing on our sites that are from direct competitors.
III. Advertising Formats
In addition to the above, Cayman Net News will regulate formats and context in a variety of ways:
- Rules for Clearly Delineating Ads: Advertisements on Cayman Net News will be clearly delineated from content offerings regardless of the format in which they are being served. Specific guidelines include, for example, framing and/or delineating advertisements to ensure it is clear to our user segment when they are viewing or interacting with content and when they are viewing or interacting with advertisements.
- Multi-Media Advertisements: Cayman Net News reserves the right to restrict or prevent advertising pop-ups, extreme animation and takeovers, sound and video ads and other advertisements that use multi-media formats that potential degrade user experience or the integrity of our service.
- Click-Through Statement: Cayman Net News makes efforts to link to appropriate outside sites; however Cayman Net News is not responsible for click-through destinations, pages or content. Our policies do not apply to third party sites. If Cayman Net News offers any product for purchase, either through a “click here to order” button or other onscreen means, the ordering instructions will clearly and prominently state so.
IV. Advertising Targeting
Disclaimer: This policy is subject to the Cayman Net News Terms of Service and may change at Cayman Net News discretion.
Revised June 24, 2012.